Globally, volunteers and interns (many of which are locally recruited) play a vital role in IEDA Relief’s programs and operations. Volunteers and interns from diverse backgrounds dedicate their time and skills to work directly with program beneficiaries, develop IEDA Relief’s organizational capacities, help with IEDA Relief events and fundraisers, and take part in emergency response missions in the critical days and months following a conflict or natural disaster.
IEDA Relief actively recruits volunteers and interns for specific postings (see below), and also accepts applications on a rolling basis. Prospective interns must be currently enrolled in or recent graduates of an undergraduate or graduate educational institution; internships are generally unpaid unless special arrangements are made with your academic institution.
View the opportunities posted below for specific internships and volunteer openings.
- Short- and long-term program assistance to educate, mentor, and otherwise provide support to refugees, asylum seekers, immigrants and other vulnerable populations of all ages
- Assisting IEDA Relief staff with program data entry, monitoring and evaluation, reporting/translation and website updates
- Assisting with IEDA Relief events, (social) media campaigns, and fundraisers
- Conducting research and producing proposals regarding potential new IEDA Relief programs and/or solutions to help meet organizational objectives
- Providing specific skills and/or expertise in finance, marketing and media, HR, emergency management, IT, or other areas of specialization to add to IEDA Relief’s programs and organizational capabilities
- The type of opportunity for which you are applying (volunteer/internship)
- The specific posting to which you are responding (if applicable)
- The desired location (e.g. Houston, TX)
- Volunteer Manager – Houston, TX
- ESL, Citizenship and/or Computer Literacy Volunteers – Houston, TX
- Spring/Summer Internships (applications are accepted on a rolling basis)
Become an IEDA Relief Ambassador
IEDA Relief seeks Volunteer Tutors for Computer literacy who will provide instruction between 2 and 4 hours a week. IEDA Relief’s Computer literacy program is designed to provide computer literacy instruction to refugees, asylum seekers, new immigrants and other Limited English Proficiency (LEP) populations in order to enhance their abilities to become self-sufficient and employable. IEDA Relief develops and offers its literacy programs in partnership with the Houston Center for Literacy (HCL), Literacy Advance and other adult literacy agencies. Computer Literacy Volunteer Instructor